Dr. Chan offers acne scar improvement for patients in Vancouver, Portland and surrounding areas of Washington and Oregon.
Acne scars are challenging to treat. There are many treatment options available to improve acne scars depending on the type and severity of the scarring.
What are the Different Kinds of Acne Scars?
- Rolling acne scars: soft, shallow and wide
- Boxcar acne scars: have the appearance of large open pores
- Ice Pick acne scars: deep, narrow pits in the skin
Treatment depends on the location, depth and severity of the scarring. Usually, several sessions are required combining different modalities including laser resurfacing, surgical excision of scars, and dermal fillers.
What are my Options for Acne Scar Improvement?
The treatment goal with acne scars should be improvement. Complete removal of acne scars is not possible, but improving the tone and texture of the skin can be accomplished.
- Laser Peel: Laser beams are used to resurface the skin.
- Chemical Peel: Removal of top layers of scarred skin can improve complexion.
- Dermabrasion: Mechanically removing the top layer of skin
- Dermal fillers: used to fill depressions in the skin
How Much Does Acne Scar Removal Cost?
The cost for acne treatments will depend on how many scars and the location of the scars. Pricing and financing varies based on the treatments you choose.